Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A sturdy stool

Yes folks, at my age, all I want out of life is a good sturdy stool!

This is a shameless plug for a product I bought today at EMS. It's called the Tri-light stool and it is manufactured in Orono, Maine. If you click on the title (tired of hearing that YET?) it will take you to the manufacturer's site.

I was looking at some triangular seated camp seats, or stools, last year at EMS. They were too large to pack on the bike and I didn't like the way that third section snuck up on me, if you know what I mean. The guys in the crowd certainly will. It was a bit like riding a Western saddle.

Anyway, I was goofing off during the day yesterday and I wandered next door to EMS. I saw this small collapsible camp stool and had to have it. My only trepidation was the weight limit (200 lbs) but, I tested it and it did not groan audibly once. The legs are tubular steel and it has a nylon connector in the middle.

Here are a couple of shots I just took. That pica stick (who can tell me what it's used for?) has measurements up to 12" but the overall length is closer to 13".



I know that I can drop this into my saddlebags or bungee it to any part of the bike for a trip. It's light and durable and it will keep me off the ground. The next shot here is the opened stool. It is very easy to deploy.



The absolute best part of this nifty little camping chair is the price. I bought this for $20 at EMS. I grabbed the only one in stock but I bet you can find it online. The mfr. also offers links to retailers so poke around until you find it.

I'll do a test evaluation after its first real use. My teenager predicts that I will forget that it doesn't have a back and I will tumble ass over tea kettle. We'll see.

Stay tuned for more EXCITING product reviews.

A low, slow wave,

Joe Rocket

No comments: