Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Public Service ads, et al

Hi Kids!

Just a short note to let you know that I "figgered" out AdSense. Well, okay, I had some help. I met a nice young woman at an industry function and she gave some great insight. Thanks Sandy! Is it okay to plug your blog here? Let me know...

There's still so much to learn. I just printed out a small mountain of legal-ese from our friends at Google. It was part of the deal for AdSense. For now, you'll see some small public service ads in the periphery of this document. As I learn over time, I'll make some adjustments that will benefit all (but mostly YOU, dear reader).

Car problems were solved today. The Volkswagen Passat shorted itself out due to a crushed interior light. It just so happens that the fuse that controls the windows also controls the electronic "thingy" in the ignition that IDs your key. Hmm. Cars. What a pain.

Anyway, enough of that. I plan to muddle through the rest of my latest issue of Motor Cyclist magazine and dream about riding season. If you read my earlier posts, you'll see that I want a new Sport Touring bike from Yamaha. Come on. Admit it. That bike is hot!

Yes, dear cruiser friends: I would LOVE to take this ride on a Harley-Davidson Street Glide. If I win the lottery between now and August, perhaps. For now, with my bills, pending home repairs, Christmas, etc., etc. I'll aim a little lower.

I bought the Blue Beauty with Sturgis in mind. After one season (and following two sport bikes) I think it's too slow, has too small of a gas tank and lacks storage. It is the perfect bike for my normal "dubbing around" but a bit too small for a long ride. Before I put any serious money into it, I'm going to try to afford a replacement. If that fails, well, we'll see.

I guess that's it for tonight. I hope I'm not speaking to an empty room here. Let me know if you're out there. Maybe we can hook up for a ride sometime.

Peace!

PS - Big thanks to Zak, my personal mechanic. He does killer work for Porsche, VW and Audi. Later.

No comments: