Monday, November 26, 2007

Bikes versus cars

What is it about cars? Why do they break down ALL the time???

Last night, late, my teenager's car wouldn't start. Granted, it's an older car but, when was the last time your motorcycle wouldn't fire? Can you recall? I can't.

Do the major bike manufacturer's make a much better/more reliable/higher quality product than car manufacturers?

I've not owned a Honda car but I can imagine that they hold up well. Even if you do ALL the services on a car, it seems like you are ALWAYS spending money on SOMETHING! Services, repairs, tire rotations, alignments, oil leaks (okay, H-D has a reputation on their older bikes). You get the idea.

The average bike rider rides his motorcycle many fewer miles than an average driver drives. I get that. But, mile per mile, I would argue that motorcycles are a much more reliable (and fuel efficient) machine. So, why don't more people ride?


Well, I had a good year this year but, compared to some, they'd call it minimal. My latest issue of Motor Cyclist magazine (THE BEST bike mag) has an article about the Iron Butt Rally. 11,000 miles in 11 days. Holy Sore Tuchas! I'd like to qualify for an Iron Butt someday, but I'll need a more comfortable ride and to be in better shape.


Finally, do any of you have any ideas as to how to attract advertisers to this space? I'd keep it relevant and on topic. Bike stuff, gear, etc. All you'd have to do is check out the links and buy something if you thought it would make your ride a better one.

Thats all for now. It's been a long day, dealing with car problems. Hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Joe Rocket



No comments: