Sunday, February 3, 2008

What shape is your shape in?

"I just stopped in, to see what condition my condition was in..."

Here's a great article on fitness for motorcyclists. I'll add that web link again, just to make sure you all get it.

http://www.sportrider.com/features/146_0010_motorcyclist_fitness/index.html

Every year at this time, I drag out this article and read it over, promising myself to do better/ride better by being in better physical shape. Two friends, Jerry S. (see Squid Jerry below) and Kenny B. have both undertaken steps to get in better shape, having lost weight and/or starting fitness regimens not only for riding but for overall good health.

I'm still down 12 pounds but the trend is flat and I need to do more to lose more weight. And, I need to work on overall strength, muscle and cardio training. I know that the Sturgis trip will be a test of fitness and endurance. We plan to ride long hours each day and if I am not ready, I will be tired, sore and dragging ass.

Okay, just this short post today. It's Stupor Bowl Sunday and there is still plenty to do before the first commercial break.

Follow the link, read the article, do the work so you will be prepared to hoist around that heavy bike effortlessly this year and be a better rider. Personally, I plan to be in the best shape possible by July. See you on the road soon.

A low, slow wave,

Joe Rocket