Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Talkin' 'bout my g-g-generator....!

The darkness is winning

All,

Most of my readers are local, I think, and are suffering right along with me. All except for one club member who high-tailed it for Florida to pick out his white shoes and matching belt.

On Day 6, we were without power and have run out of hotel options and bunked at Chez Shane.

On Day 7, I caved in to mounting stress and the impending weather forcast and had a generator installed. My service guy was terrific, working late and facilitating the whole process.

I could tell you the whole litany, the delays, the long hours waiting in a cold and dark house, lit only by candles and firelight. The boiler leak, the forgotten parking passes, the carbon monoxide detectors going off, the round-trips to Nashua. Fact is, I'm just too damn tired.

We just got a forecast for 6-12 inches of snow Friday into Saturday. If the power is not restored, at least I know I can keep the house warm and the pipes from freezing. Without water in the house, I've given in to more rustic bathroom breaks. At times like this, it's good to have the proper equipment.

I'd love to compare notes with all of you when this is all done. For now, I could use a warm shower and a nap.

I'll wave at you later,

Joe Rocket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're home safe and sound. This was an awful experience for alot of people. We were lucky to be spared here in Manchester. I just wanted you to know that I was thinking about you all and hoping things would return to normal for you quickly. See you at the Holiday party whenever that takes place.
Rich

Unknown said...

Yup, pummeled with ice last week, 10 inches of snow Friday, more coming today....

I hope you did like me on MONDAY and took your bike out for ONE LAST RIDE! I left work, discovering that it was 63 degrees out. I flew home and hopped on the bike! ONE LAST ride for 2008 on Dec 15th! :)