Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Bitterest Pill

In my haste last night to put down my pseudo S&M experience with the cute DO, I forgot to mention that I have been listening to Dan Klass's The Bitterest Pill podcast for the past week, non-stop. I discovered "Pill" soon after buying an iPod and enjoyed it until he recommended another podcast, Cush's Things I Say. I got hooked on Cush and left Dan behind, until now.

Both are talented writers and speakers. I can sit here in my (home) office and enjoy as the mellifluous sounds wash over me.

But, Cush's posts started getting farther apart and I stopped listening. Then I remembered Dan. Now, in all fairness, the thing that drove me away initially, was the squeaky-clean family nature of the show. Where Cush would speak of getting laid or getting into fights, Dan talks about trips to Target and running into "Pilates bodies" and Japanese stewardesses and lusting in his heart, a la President Jimmy Carter.


Klass, I'm back. I'm sorry for the break. In the last week or so, I have spent all of 2007 with you. I especially enjoyed episode #99, which I think is posted on his web site under March 2007. You can find his stuff on the web or on iTunes. Here's a link to the web site:


http://www.thebitterestpill.com/ and I think you can just listen to that one story here:

http://danklass.com/pill/?p=387

This post is especially important for anyone over the age of 40 who works in a corporate environment. Spend some time with it and you will understand why you need to "Get a Thing of Your Own". Damn. It was like he was talking right to me. Oh, right, he was.

Give a listen, subscribe, whatever. But get working on your "Thing", whatever that might be.

I'll see you soon,

Joe