Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Who butters YOUR bread???



I'm a very lucky guy.  I know it, and all the guys I ride with know it.  We have a few women who ride with us (or us with them, as the case often is) and I consider them all good riders.  Of the guys who ride, I'm the only one whose wife has her own scooter.  Now, Mrs. Rocket has a LOT of interests, chief among them, her gardens, her hiking, kayaking, family and her music (she's a wicked awesome trumpet player).  But, she likes a good ride and even threatens to ride to work once in a while, if she didn't have to dress so purty and professional at the office.

So, when last weekend looked like the first really good weekend to get out for a ride, she sent me an email from work, stating as such and, "Oh, would you rather go for a ride this Sunday or go for a hike?"  When you've been married as long as I have, you KNOW that this is a trick question, with only one correct answer.


So, we hiked along the Maine coastline on Sunday, and had a fine time, just the two of us, like a couple of dating teens.  We're still good together, after 30+ years of being together.  It's important to find someone who shares your interests.

I'll get my ride in (and a new tattoo) on Saturday and I'll try to spoil her silly on Mother's Day.  Someone wiser than me once commented that you should marry the person you're not afraid to sleep with.  All these years and I sleep like a baby:  a big, fat, snoring baby.

Happy Mother's Day this weekend to all the Moms out there.  That includes fellow riders Pinkie, Crumpet, and backseat drivers Marie, Dawn and Carol.  And, lest I leave out the non-riders, I'll give a shout out to my sister and sister-in-laws: Ginger, Diane, Christina and Heidi.

#HappyWifeHappyLife

A low, slow wave,

Joe Rocket

1 comment:

Max Paganetti said...

Your wife sounds like a swell lady! You're lucky to have her!