Saturday, February 9, 2008

Boston Bike Show, 2008

Hi,

Despite the company, the show was a bit of a disappointment, for me.
Last year we attended the bigger show in New York City, at The Javits Center, and all of the manufacturers had booths/displays there. They all had the full complement of their bike line-ups and all of the custom bikes were there, as well. So, the best of both worlds. This show was the chaps, gloves and local vendors.

I took a few pictures and will add them here.

This was nice blue custom I saw:


This is a nice wide rear-end to look at, on a different bike.






And some nice chrome pipes:


And here is a pretty red number, with great pinstriping work.

I'll leave it up to the others to tell you about my great, new hat and my "hat buddy", Jerry. We look like the twins, Frick and Frack.

Ride season can't arrive soon enough!

PS - As there were no manufacturers at the show, I did not get to see the new Yamaha FJR 1300. It was a big disappointment to not get to see it or sit on it. I did get on the new Ducatis, the 1098 and the new 848. Very nice, but the shape of the tanks go the opposite way of my belly....not so comfortable to lie on!

Talk to you soon. Enjoy the day.

Joe Rocket